Departmental History

Geology (at least under the guise of "Natural History") has been taught at Acadia since 1840, and a Department of Geology has been in existence since the last decade of the 19th Century.  A program in Environmental Science was established in 1995, and merged with the former Department of Geology to form the Department of Earth and Environmental Science in 2007.

In the links below we have preserved some of the significant aspects of the departmental history.

From the files, we have also extracted some obituaries of former professors: